Client : HUB BRUSSELS
Architect : oPla
Location : Brussel
Year of completion : 2022
Beddeleem obtained this project in collaboration with oPla Architecture and was thus able to offer practical solutions to the designer right from the design phase. The ground and underground floors of the UNO building, located on the Chaussée de Charleroi in Brussels, were redesigned in an ecological and future-oriented way.
The circular project offers optimal functionalities to hub.brussels, the Brussels Enterprise Support Agency.
Various areas including reception, waiting and consulting areas, meeting rooms, cafeteria, copy and coffee corners, sanitary facilities, etc. were completely redesigned.
Right from the dismantling phase, the ecological footprint was limited as much as possible: demolished materials and elements were reused on the site itself, on other sites or offered to other parties. In this way, waste was kept to a minimum and recycled optimally.
Furniture and fixed elements in wood were carefully dismantled and supplemented with additional elements from other sites to make up the new furniture:
- all new flex workstations
- completely new kitchen
- new podium
- new benches.
Beddeleem was responsible for the complete furnishing :
- existing lighting elements (also from other sites) were dismantled, checked and
and put back into operation
- all paints for walls and ceilings have an ecolabel
- 90% of the existing raised floor tiles were recovered
- all of the ceilings in the sanitary facilities originate from another Beddeleem project where they were
- the JB QBE Box-in-Box came from the Beddeleem Circular range and was therefore completely
recovered from another project.
- existing carpet was cleaned
- existing vinyl was replaced by a completely PVC- and bitumen-free carpet C2C Gold certified
- for the glass partitions, the client opted for our JB 4000 system, which is C2C Silver
certified and can later be reused in a circular way.
Masterpiece of this project is the completely new staircase of more than 4 metres high, which consists of 100% recycled materials.